After my last embroidery attempt returned lackluster results, I decided to break out a little and try a new stitch–the satin stitch. I’d avoided it before because it looked like it would use so much thread (why I’m being stingy with something that can be obtained quite cheaply is beyond me) but I figured since I was only using a 4″ embroidery hoop for this project I could indulge. I printed out the word “LOVE” in DotumChe font, 125 point and bold. I just looked for a font that was somewhat tall and thin and this one came standard on my computer. Then I used a pencil to trace the letters onto a square of ivory cotton. I wanted it to look like a stencil so I didn’t trace the inner circle of the O.
Then I used some kelly green thread and an embroidery needle to fill it all in. It’s rife with imperfection but I love it anyway.
Here’s the back. Ooooh so exclusive behind the scenes!
I ordered some prints for the wall in my dining room and will be filling the frames today then adding this little lovely for the finishing touch. I hope it turns out as nicely as I’ve imagined!